How to Migrate from WordPress to Blogger

I was checking out Google Analytics on the blogger account I have had since 2004 but really not used much since. Big problem. I have very little content there and almost no traffic to analyze. WordPress don’t allow me to use Google Analytics on wordpress.com, so I can’t analyze all the wonderful activity here. This got me wondering how easy it would be to migrate my blog to blogger and the answer is as easy as 1,2,3.

1) In WordPress go to Tools Export and click on the Export button


This will give you an XML file to save to your computer in the WordPress eXtended RSS or WXR format with all your posts, pages, comments, custom fields, categories, and tags.  Excellent for loading to another WordPress Blog.

2) You need to convert this WXR format to something blogger can read, so got to http://wordpress2blogger.appspot.com/

Load up your WXR file and you will get a file back in blogger format.  All powered by the Google App Engine (thanks guys)

3) Go to blogger dashboard and click import, select the file you got from 2) above



One thing to be careful about is it will also pull in your draft posts from WordPress, so I recommend that you don’t check the box to publish right away, better to review and publish after the import.



So now I have all my blog posts on blogger as well as on wordpress, next problem to solve is if I could keep them synched up automatically, which I think might be a more difficult problem.

โพสต์ยอดนิยมจากบล็อกนี้

I miss you all กับ I miss all of you ต่างกันอย่างไร

ปัญหาและเฉลยวิชาธรรม นักธรรมชั้นตรี สอบในสนามหลวง วันอังคาร ที่ ๒๙ กันยายน พ.ศ.๒๕๕๒

ปัญหาและเฉลยวิชาอนุพุทธประวัติ นักธรรมชั้นโท สอบในสนามหลวง วันอาทิตย์ ที่ ๒๐ พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. ๒๕๔๘