Mr.Andreas Jansen's view of Phra Dhammakaya temple

Mr.Andreas Jansen's view of Phra Dhammakaya temple
As a person from the west, Buddhism was at first an odd concept to me. I read a few books about the subject and thought I knew it well enough, when I came across the Dhammakaya temple. The Dhammakaya temple was odd to me because of its massive size and congregation. The large-scale ceremonies and meditation sessions with ranks of people wearing white weren’t what I imagined when I had read books about Buddhism. Nevertheless, being the curious person that I am, I learned. I attended ceremonies, spoke to monks and temple goers, read about the history of the temple, followed the news, ordained as a monk at this temple, and began practicing its meditation method – Dhammakaya meditation.
This meditation method, taught by Luang Pu Wat Paknam, is the main idea that the temple is trying to spread. I have had some good meditation experience with Dhammakaya meditation which makes me believe that it’s genuine and effective. It makes me a more patient, happier, healthier and wiser person.
Another key figure in temple history was the master nun Chand Khonnokyoong or Khun Yai Chand, whose meditation ability was ‘second to none’. I respect her ways a lot and she is a great inspiration for me to keep things clean, tidy and organized. I have learned first hand that tidying up your behavior and environment is closely linked with purifying the mind and progressing one’s meditation experience.
Luang Phaw Dhammajayo is the temple’s abbot and is well-loved by all temple goers. At first I couldn’t understand why this was so. Now I know it’s due to his extraordinary kindness and meditation ability, and no small amount of humor. I have learned a lot of useful Dhamma from Luang Phaw and the media produced by the temple.
Overall, now I see that the temple is genuinely Buddhist, and it is expanding so much because of its extraordinary goal: fostering world peace through inner peace. For all my knowledge of the world, I think that in the end, the future of the world depends on the quality and happiness of each person’s mind.
As the Buddha once said, we shouldn’t accept something as fact without verifying it for ourselves first. I suggest that anyone curious about Dhammakaya temple should visit it to learn more first hand.

โพสต์ยอดนิยมจากบล็อกนี้

I miss you all กับ I miss all of you ต่างกันอย่างไร

ปัญหาและเฉลยวิชาธรรม นักธรรมชั้นตรี สอบในสนามหลวง วันอังคาร ที่ ๒๙ กันยายน พ.ศ.๒๕๕๒

ปัญหาและเฉลยวิชาอนุพุทธประวัติ นักธรรมชั้นโท สอบในสนามหลวง วันอาทิตย์ ที่ ๒๐ พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. ๒๕๔๘